Why drug test?
Substance abuse – which includes drugs and alcohol – takes a heavy toll on businesses, costing billions of dollars in lost productivity and increased healthcare spending each year.
- 2.5 times more likely than co-workers who do not use drugs to be absent for 8 or more days each year
- 3.6 times more likely to be involved in an accident at work
- 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim
- Improve employee productivity
- Reduce on-the-job accidents and workplace crime, including theft and violence
- Reduce employee turnover
- Decrease absenteeism
- Lower workers’ compensation insurance and healthcare costs, including premiums
- Comply with state or federal regulations
To get started with Quest today, call 1.800.877.7484 or contact us online.
1 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Behavioral Health Trends in the United States: Results from the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health. HHS Publication No. SMA 15-4927, NSDUH.www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-FRR1-2014/NSDUH-FRR1-2014.pdf.
2 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Injury/Disability/Workers’ Compensation Fact Sheet. www.workplace.samhsa.gov.
3 National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). “Drug Testing” www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/drug-testing.