4myheart® is a personalized care program to help improve and maintain heart health. It is based on individual results from your Cardio IQ® Tests. Once your doctor enrolls you, the program is available to you at no cost or obligation for 6 months after testing is ordered. The program provides you with a clinical educator, who uses your individual test results and your doctor’s treatment plan to help you reach your personal goals such as:
- Making healthy food choices
○ Search more than 100 heart-healthy recipes ○ Find ways to make better choices, like eating locally grown produce ○ Use online trackers to record your meals
- Staying active and social
○ Create goals for daily activity ○ Track your progress using an online tracker ○ Connect with other people like you
- Understanding your medicine
○ Learn why you need certain medications ○ Try to prevent unwanted side effects with helpful tips ○ Set medication reminders
- Managing your stress
○ Find out what causes stress in your life ○ Learn positive ways to deal with stress differently ○ Get support from friends and family
Our clinical educators are trained to help you understand heart health and assist you in leading a healthy lifestyle. They . . .
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed to you by your doctor
- Learn about your tests and what the results mean
- Set lifestyle goals to help improve your heart health
Are you concerned about diabetes?
Diabetes is a common problem in the United States. It occurs because of high blood glucose (blood sugar levels), either because there is not enough insulin or because the body’s cells do not respond properly to it.
Diabetes is a chronic condition, which means it will not go away once you have it. If left untreated, it can cause serious health problems, such as heart disease, stroke, blindness, kidney failure, and lower limb amputation. It’s better to work at preventing diabetes than to have to treat it.