Brazil Nut Whole Allergen
Test code 2818
Hidden allergen often found in cookies, insect repellent, and beauty products.1
- Extensive cross-reactivity within the family can be expected2
- Generally persists and is potentially life-threatening3
Associated with systemic reactions4
Positive 2818 with negative Ber e1 results may be explained by sensitization to5
As in all diagnostic testing, a diagnosis must be made by the physician based on test results, individual patient history, the physician’s knowledge of the patient, and the physician’s clinical judgement.
2. Yman L. Botanical relations and immunological cross-reactions in pollen allergy. 2nd ed. Pharmacia Diagnostics AB. Uppsala, Sweden. 1982: ISBN 91-970475-09.
3. Bartolome B, Mendez JD, Armentia A, Vallverdu A, Palacios R. Allergens from Brazil nut: immunochemical characterization. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 1997;25(3):135-144.
4. Sicherer SH, Sampson HA. Peanut and tree nut allergy. Curr Opin Pediatr 2000;12(6):567-573.