QuantiFERON®-TB Gold Plus
Latent tuberculosis infection is a growing concern
In the US, up to 13 million people have latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI).1 Without treatment, an average 1 in 10 people with LTBI will get sick with TB disease.2 Testing for and treating LTBI in high-risk patients is the most effective way to prevent this from happening.3
Rely on the advanced TB blood test: QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus
QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus) is a whole-blood test or interferon-gamma release assay (IGRA) that can measure a person’s immune reactivity and aid in diagnosing Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. It offers advantages over the conventional tuberculin skin test (TST) for diagnosing LTBI.4,5
Recommended by the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC)
IGRA technology is the required method of TB testing for US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) immigration exams.* IGRAs are preferred by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for TB testing in most risk groups, including4
IGRAs are also strongly recommended for those who are BCG-vaccinated, or unlikely to return to have their TST read.
*As of October 1, 2018.
What is the QFT-Plus advantage?
QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus advances the science of TB blood testing, providing added beneﬁts
Who should be tested?
The CDC recommends TB screening for certain at-risk patients
- People who have spent time with someone who has TB
- People who are immunocompromised
- People who are high-risk substance users
- People who live or work in high-risk congregate settings (e.g., nursing homes, colleges)
- Healthcare workers who care for patients at increased risk for TB
- Foreign-born persons, especially from countries with high TB incidence or prevalence
|Test Name||Test Code||CPT Code†|
|QuantiFERON®-TB Gold Plus— |
|QuantiFERON®-TB Gold Plus— |
4 Tube (Draw Site Incubated)
† The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
Rely on accurate, efﬁcient, and objective TB detection
|Download the QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus flyer|
|Review QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus resources|
|Contact a Quest sales representative|
QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus) is an in vitro diagnostic test using a peptide cocktail simulating ESAT-6 and CFP-10 proteins to stimulate cells in heparinized whole blood. Detection of interferon-γ (IFN-γ) by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is used to identify in vitro responses to these peptide antigens that are associated with Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. QFT-Plus is an indirect test for M. tuberculosis infection (including disease) and is intended for use in conjunction with risk assessment, radiography, and other medical and diagnostic evaluations. This test does not differentiate between latent and active TB. Up-to-date product-specific warnings and other information can be found at www.QuantiFERON.com.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC fact sheet—TB in the United States: a snapshot. 2018.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Deciding when to treat latent TB infection. www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/treatment/decideltbi.htm. Accessed September 26, 2018.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Burden of TB in the United States. www.cdc.gov/features/burden-tb-us/index.html. Accessed September 18, 2018.
- Lewinsohn, DM, Leonard MK, LoBue PA, et al. Ofﬁcial American Thoracic Society/Infectious Diseases Society of America/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention clinical practice guidelines: diagnosis of tuberculosis in adults and children. Clin Infect Dis. 2017;64(2):111-115.
- Mazurek GH, Jereb J, Vernon A, et al. Updated guidelines for using interferon gamma release assays to detect Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. MMWR. 2010;59(RR05):1-25. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5905a1.htm.
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus) ELISA Package Insert. 1095849 Rev. 04. July 2018.